Tips, Newsletters and more
The following are some application tips and good to know facts on maximizing our apps. Please come back periodically as we will continue to update and refine this list as the system is updated!
- All default new user signups are ‘standard users’. If you are a team manager or leader, please use our Upgrade Request form to be upgraded free to a Team Admin account. The Team Admin account can manage all team members for your team code.
- The “last know user location” that is displayed on the website account dashboard is based on a ping from the app to the server when the app’s home screen is displayed. Every time the home screen is visible, a location ping is sent back. This is done to minimize GPS battery drainage when GPS tracking is not in use.
- For the best GPS accuracy, go to the GPS home screen in the app and keep the screen open for 1 to 2 minutes under an open sky. This will give your device enough time to usually triangulate and sync with a GPS network. Please do caveat that GPS capabilities vary from device to device. Most premium smart devices with cellular data have an assisted-GPS chip in them, while others may only use network triagulation (wifi, cell towers). For highest accuracy, we recommend connecting your device to a dedicated GPS device via bluetooth.
- All form data, photos, and GPS Waypoint data remain on the device, regardless of who is logged in. This is intentional by design, so that so the app can be shared with multiple users. For example, a team leader may identify a worksite to do an initial recon, then pass the device and app on to a team member to finish off. The person who is currently logged is, is who’s name will appear and be associated to the data uploaded to the website.
- If you have no data signal, but need to log into the app, the app has an emergency offline by-pass that will let the last logged in person log back in as long as their email and password match.
- Tapping the ‘website’ icon on the bottom right corner of the home screen will take the user to the account website for that app with the current logged in user. On occasion, if you have used multiple accounts or multiple apps, you may be logged into the mobile website with another account. To fix this issue, simply log out of the mobile website on your default web browser and try again through your app.
- Your user account can be used to sign into all 3 apps, and all 3 websites interchangeably and your data will follow with you to those websites.
Browse our past email newsletters:
12/10/20: Preparations, Drills and the Holidays
10/22/20: What3words, California fires and more
9/16/20: Free Premium Services During National Disasters
8/07/20: New Premium Features Launch
8/23/19: Effective USAR Sector Assessment
6/26/19: Data Sharing Freedom in USAR
5/17/19: Simple Flexible USAR Team Management
4/13/19: Spring into Action Quickly
2/11/19: Official Launch Announcement
v3.33 (CERT iOS): Nov 25th, 2020
v3.34 (CERT Android): Nov 25th, 2020
v3.29 (US iOS): Nov 25th, 2020
v3.29 (US Android): Nov 25th, 2020
v3.30 (Intl iOS): Nov 25th, 2020
v3.30 (Intl Android): Nov 25th, 2020
(a) Login screen button now appear above the virtual keyboard, (b) If pdf map loaded from URL, when viewing map, the “toggle” for street/satellite view is removed, along with any lat/lon coordinates associated to Live Maps, (c) If no Team Code and and chat message entered, shows notice, (d) If data/wifi is turned off and waypoint upload is attempted, app does not crash, (e) If data/wifi is turned off, app does not crash if GPS or Mark Waypoint buttons in home screen tapped.
v3.32 (CERT iOS): Nov 9th, 2020
v3.33 (CERT Android): Nov 9th, 2020
v3.27 (US iOS): Nov 9th, 2020
v3.28 (US Android): Nov 9th, 2020
v3.29 (Intl iOS): Nov 9th, 2020
v3.29 (Intl Android): Nov 9th, 2020
(a) Bug fixed: If no items are check marked for upload, and upload button is tapped, after error notice is cleared, checkboxes are selectable again. (b) Bug fixed: When waypoints are selected and “delete” is tapped, selected waypoints correctly delete without app crashing.
v3.31: Oct 1, 2020
CERT Surveyor: (a) Display of current What3words address position on GPS screen. (b) Display of What3words address on waypoints Add New and Edit screens. (c) Availability of What3words in Spanish in Spanish language option in settings. (d) Fixes to long press on live and saved maps for dropping Waypoints.
v3.27: Jul 15, 2020
(a) Fixes to Spanish version popup select lists for Worksite Reports and Triage forms. (b) Fixes to long press to add waypoints on live map, saved map, and saved waypoints map. (c) Fixes to orphaned ‘blank waypoints’. (d) Updated Waypoint icons.
v3.12: May 11, 2020
(a) The team messaging “send” button now grays out after submitting to prevent double entries. (b) If you change your team code on the website, and not within the app, going to any screen, and back to the home screen will now display the new team code pending approval. (c) Fixed “Transmission Error: HTTP” popup under certain conditions for the Team Messaging feature. (d) Photos and camera menu links removed from all forms. (e) Share forms by sms messaging in “share” popup for all forms. (f) Made share links https. (g) Button in settings page to go to website added if user needs to change sms option settings and phone number. (h) Fixed various GPS tracking issues.
v2.95: May 5, 2020
(a) The team messaging “send” button now grays out after submitting to prevent double entries. (b) If you change your team code on the website, and not within the app, going to any screen, and back to the home screen will now display the new team code pending approval. (c) Fixed “Transmission Error: HTTP” popup under certain conditions for the Team Messaging feature. (d) Photos and camera menu links removed from all forms. (e) Share forms by sms messaging in “share” popup for all forms. (f) Made share links https. (g) Button in settings page to go to website added if user needs to change sms option settings and phone number.
v2.90: Mar 7, 2020
(a) New “Uploaded” indicator for all forms, “My Waypoints” and “Saved Track Sets” screens after item has been uploaded.
(b) Fixed dark mode issue with login screen.
(c) Fixed bug in “Team Chat” for deleting messages, now properly deletes and refreshes screen.
(d) The GPS ‘Accuracy’ field now saves correctly in the Waypoint screen.
(e) App version number now also appears in Settings screen.